Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beer Can Wait

When I was heading to school the other day, I was listening to "The Herd" on espn and Colin had an interesting take. I'm pretty sure it was after Lebron and D-Wade went toe to toe for 50 points apiece and he wanted to know which one was more "Beer Can Wait" or "Bathroom Can Wait" worthy. In other words, who are you most glued to your tv when that person has the ball that pretty much anything else in life gets put on hold for those few seconds or minutes.

So I decided to come up with a list of my own. I wanted to do one for each MLB, NFL, NBA, and NCAA football and hoops. Problem is I don't follow NCAA hoops til March and can't honestly name more than 10 guys who actually play (excluding my NIT-tany Lions). I even tried outsourcing to it my roommate J-Dub but he came up with Hansborough and that dude isnt BCW in my opinion. So I'll do 2 College Football guys. And besides is there anyone is golf other than Tiger...

And without further adieu:

NBA- Dewayne Wade- OK, this wasn't exactly a rocket science pick. It's either him Lebron or Kobe. What i love about Wade is his ability to drive to hoop and slash his way in. The guy isnt as consistent as the other two, but when he is on late in a game.... kid is on!!!
NCAA Part 1- Tim Tebow- He is not be any certainty the most athletic or dynamic football player out there, but I LOVE his energy, fire, and emotion on the field. He is just fun to watch, and that jump-pass is pretty awesome.
NCAA Part 2- Terrelle Pryor- The kid is extremely raw, but there may not be a better athlete in the game. He runs so smoothly it looks like he is jogging... and he's a QB! If this guy can learn how to throw, I hope it doesn't happen until he leave Ohio State because he'll make Vince Young look like Jon Moxon.
NFL- Tom Brady- Another one of those "i hate to say it" picks. But he has lead 2 game-winning super bowl drives and almost pulled off a 3rd against the Giants (inches a way to 60 yard bomb to Moss). If he's down 4 with 2 min to go, I'd want him to have the ball.
MLB- Mariano Rivera OK, you got me, this guy is the sole reason I did this entry. But he is just SOOOOOO money, even despite his recent seasons as he ages. I once took my Norwegian boss to a Yanks-Sox game and when Mo came into warm-up he told me "I know nothing about baseball, but I can tell this guy is REALLY GOOD." Bottom line, if you are at Yankee Stadium in the 9th inning and Enter Sandman comes on.... YOU....DO...NOT...LEAVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment