Sunday, March 15, 2009

R.I.P. K-Rock

Today I went into iTunes radio and went to put on NY's K-Rock since the local radio out here is less than stellar. At first I heard that new Eminem song, which I'm not a huge fan of but still tolerable. Then another hip-hop song came on, and I was like "WTF?" So I check out k-rock online and use their listen now feature and it's a coldplay song (You know how I know you're gay..... you like Coldplay). I figure it will catch up eventually, but 5 min later its another pop song.

Then I find this link on the site to 923now.com (not link worthy, you'll see why) and its for a pop station. Ok, this must be in some other city, right? Wrong! How can there be 2 92.3 FM stations?... Cause they f^&$$%n' cancelled K-ROCK!!! It's now only available on HD Radio and over the internet.

This is really a shame, as K-ROCK was hands-down (pants-down) the best station on the radio. Now we have another BS pop station that I won't listen to. Great, we've sold out as a society again.

Thanks radio, i dont think im going to listen to FM for awhile, at least AM still has WFAN, 1050, and the news stations. So not all is lost, but I guarantee my iPod is going to get a lot more usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment