Thursday, February 5, 2009

Play Ball!!!

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..... GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYBODY!!!! HOW ARE YOU TODAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

So after long debate, I've finally decided to start blogging. Why? Beats me. I toyed with it at the beginning of last semester as a way to tell me stories about life in school to those back home. Unfortunately, I got ridonk-ulously busy and was way way way behind. For some reason today, I got inspired again and decided to strike while the iron is hot.

Welcome to "Off The Schneid"my way of diatribing to my circle and community. Most of you are probably wondering, "What the F&%$ is up with that opening line?" These are the famed words of Chris "Maddog" Russo, former co-host of the Mike and the Maddog Radio Show on WFAN in NY. It was the highest rated sports talk show in the area for over 20 years. And every day to start the show, 'dog would kick it off with the above phrase. However, it was done in a tone that was full of exuberence and energy but way over the top.

So what's the point? Well, first off I loved that show. But anyway, that is the kind of tone you will get on this board most of the time. And for those who know me well, you realize that the shoe fits. The content is going to be unfiltered, I tell it like I see it. I won't dance around a topic, it's going to be straightforward. I may ask for opinions to start discussions, look at this as interactive as possible.

Here's what's on the menu of topics:
  • Sports- Particularly Football (College and Pro) and Baseball
  • My experience in B-School
  • Living in California
  • Things I miss in New York
  • 24
  • Movie/Music that's awesome/terrible/surprising/disappointing
  • Select business topics
  • Mullets
  • Cool Gadgets
  • And other random bs
I do take requests, the DJ in me will not die...

Things that you wont see:
  • Anything that can get me fired/not hired
  • Details on personal relationships
  • Politics
  • Hockey
  • Social Ventures
  • Renewable Resources
  • Lost- (I'm too far behind)
I do reserve the right to discuss the above, but it's more exception than the rule. Just don't get your hopes up...

Please be warned that context of the blog may be considered: humourous, abrasive, biased, random, strange, insightful, perplexing, off the wall, offensive, silly, well intended, not so well intended, academic, benevolent.

Expect up to 4 of these per session, they will come out of nowhere. I will invent words from time to time and may refer to myself as Batman, just go with it. Do not take with alcohol and consult your physician if you have a ____ for 5 hours or more.

Well there ya have it. Welcome to the big show, and holla at ya boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment