Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Insatiable Hunger

My friend Eric has been raving about this halal street-meat cart on 53rd and 6th, saying its a must have. So there's two carts, one on the east and west sides of 6th and i went to the one on the east side since it was closer. Waited 10 minutes for lamb, chicken and rice and then crossed over to get a seat on 51st by UBS to eat. When I walked past the other line, I saw this:



There were 48 people waiting in line (i counted) for friggin' street-meat. That's absurd. I mean the food was good (worth $7 w/soda) but its not THAT good. Which begs the question, what would you be willing to do for food? I have gone to Philly with my buddy because he tempted me with a cheesesteak (and had the nerve to take me to Geno's instead of Pat's) to accompany him to pick up keys. But this weekend im going 11 stops into Brooklyn on the Q for what is supposed to be the best pizza in New York... I'll be back with a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment